Potato Wedges is one of the most preferred starters of vegetarians after French fries. It is enjoyed by people of all age groups. If you are someone who keeps a tab on your calorie intake, but, still would like to indulge, this recipe is for you. Wedges of potatoes marinated in spices are baked to perfection using less than 1/4 cup of oil. Additional brownie points for the usage of olive oil that makes this an absolute guilt free indulgence.
- Potatoes- 4 (medium sized)
- Salt- As required
- Olive oil- 2 tbsp + little for brushing
- Paprika- 3 tsp
- Dried Italian Herbs/Pasta/Pizza Seasoning- 1 1/2 tsp
- Black pepper powder- 1 tsp
- Red chilli flakes – 2 tsp
- Wash and scrub the potatoes in running tap water until nice and clean
- Cut the potatoes into medium sized wedges and parboil in water with little salt until al-dente
- Transfer the potatoes to a cold bath, drain and pat dry with a kitchen towel
- To a bowl, add 2 tbsp olive oil, salt as required, 3 tsp paprika, 1 1/2 tsp mixed dried herbs, 1 tsp black pepper powder, 2 tsp red chilli flakes and mix well
- Add the parboiled potatoes and toss until well coated. Leave aside for 10-15 mins
- Line a baking tray with parchment paper/foil and brush with little olive oil. Place the marinated potatoes and bake in a preheated oven at 210C for 15-17 mins. Broil for 5-7 mins until you get a crispy outer layer.
- Serve hot with mayonnaise or tomato ketchup
- You can replace paprika with red chilli powder. Reduce the quantity of red chilli flakes accordingly
- The temperature and time differs from oven to oven. Mine was done in about 15-20 mins.