Paneer (Indian Cottage Cheese)Tikka is one of the most sought after starters when it comes to vegetarian food. Chunks of soft cottage cheese marinated in yogurt flavoured with Indian spices is grilled to perfection. It is usually accompanied by mint chutney , onion rings and lemon wedges. Traditionally, paneer tikka is prepared in tandoor(clay ovens). Nowadays, with the advent of trend and technology in cooking appliances, you make paneer tikka in your OTG or airfryer without any hassle.
Don’t have an oven? Why worry when you have a tawa? Without any further ado, lets make tawa paneer tikka. Shall we?
- Paneer-400 gms
- Onions- 2 (cubed)
- Curd- 1 1/3 cup
- Lemon juice-1 tbsp
- Ginger garlic paste- 2 tsp
- Turmeric powder-1/4 tsp
- Garam masala-2 tsp
- Ajwain/carom seeds-1/4 tsp
- Chaat masala- 1 tsp
- Roasted cumin powder-1 tsp
- Red chilli powder(kashmiri)- 1 tbsp
- Amchur/dried mango powder-1/4 tsp
- Salt -As required
- Kasuri methi/dried fenugreek leaves- 2 tsp
- Oil- 1 tbsp for the marinade and as required for roasting.
- Whisk the curd/yoghurt with the rest of the ingredients.
- Add the paneer cubes along with cubed onions and green bell pepper and marinate.
- Leave it in the refrigerator for 2-3 hours.
- Heat oil in a tawa and spread well.
- Place the marinated paneer, onions and capsicum and cook on medium flame flipping sides until golden brown.
- Serve hot as a starter or as a side to rotis/jeera rice/pulao.
Do follow my instagram page @sinfullyummy for more recipes with step by step pictorial on highlights.