Summer is synonymous with mango as curd rice is with pickle! I don’t think there is anyone who despises mango pickle. This absolute tongue-tickling delicacy bursting with flavours is a perfect accompaniment for almost all dishes. Be it our humble dal rice or aloo paratha, mango pickle sure does add an extra zing.
There are several variations to mango pickle and instant cut mango pickle is a personal favourite. During childhood, i used to wait for my mom to prepare this mouth-watering delicacy. The recipe i’m sharing is hers and is undoubtedly a fool proof one. Its is very simple and easy to make and can be whipped up in under 20 minutes.
- Raw Mango(cut into pieces)-1 cup
- Red chilli powder- 3/4-1 tbsp
- Mustard seeds-1 1/2 tsp
- Fenugreek seeds-3/4 tsp
- Oil-3 tbsp or as required
- Salt- As required
- Hing/Asafoetida- 1/4 tsp
- Heat oil in a wok and add mustard seeds.
- Once it splutters, add fenugreek seeds and fry for a minute.
- Add hing and sauté
- Add red chilli powder and sauté on low flame for 3-5 mins until the raw smell goes off.
- Finally add chopped mangoes and toss well.
- Switch off the flame and transfer to an airtight container.