After pondering over the question of what can be made with pani pooris that is healthy as well, i came up with this salad style pani puris that is totally healthy and lip smacking. This is a very simple snack/quick bite than can be made within a few minutes. Pani puri salad is a great way to include green grams in the diet of kids who are fussy eaters. Loaded with goodness of green grams and pomegranate, this salad tastes as yummy as it looks.
Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Boiled Green Grams- 1 cup
- Pomegranate- 1 cup
- Chopped Cucumber- 1/2 cup
- Chopped Coriander leaves-1/4 cup
- Lemon juice- 2 tsp
- Chaat Masala- 1 tsp
- Salt- As required
- Pani puris-As required
- Soak the green grams in water for 2-3 hours and boil.
- Take a bowl and add boiled green grams, pomegranate, chopped cucumber, lemon juice, chaat masala , coriander leaves and mix well.
- Take a puri and form a hole that is big enough to hold the filling (salad)in the center by gently breaking it.
- Place a spoon full of salad into it.
- Repeat the same with the rest of the puris and serve.
- You can have the salad as it is without the puris
- Add grated carrots for a more colorful salad.