Yummy pazham pori/Ethakka Appam/Banana fritters
Pazham Pori also known as ethakka appam or banana fritters is a traditional deep fried snack from Kerala. Pazham poris are served at almost every house in Kerala and is truly one of the yummiest snacks. It is a bajji like snack made using ripe nendram pazham/bananas.My mom makes pazham poris often and it is one of my favourite tea time snacks. I learnt this recipe from my mom and it can be made quite effortlessly within a few minutes.
2. Maida/All purpose flour-1 cup
3. Rice flour- 2 tbsp
4. Corn flour- 2 tsp
5. Salt- 2 1/2 tsp
6. Sugar-1/2 tsp
7. Oil- to fry
8. Water- As required
9. Food colour (orange)/kesari powder-1/2 tsp(optional)
10. Baking soda-1/4 tsp
1. Add maida/all purpose flour, rice flour, corn flour, sugar, salt, baking soda, food colour to a bowl and mix well.
2. Add water and mix such that no lumps are formed.
3. Form a smooth batter (pan cake/dosa batter consistency)that is neither too thick nor too watery.
4. Cut the bananas into small pieces and coat it in the batter such that the batter spreads uniformly.
5. Heat oil in a kadai/utensil and fry the batter coated bananas until golden orange.