Healthy Cow Peas/Karamani salad!
Cow peas also known as black eyed peas are rich in protein, fiber, iron and vitamins. The soluble fiber in cow pea helps in absorbing excess sugar thus maintaining healthy sugar level. It is free from bad cholesterol and thus aids in weight loss. It is loaded with vitamins and antioxidants that slow down ageing and keeps skin wrinkle free and youthful. Apart from aiding in weight loss it also helps keep your abdominal organs healthy and regulates bowel movement.
Salads are a great way to include cow peas in your diet. This salad loaded with goodness of cow pea and vegetables is very easy to make.
1. Boiled cow peas- 1 cup
2. Onion-1/2 big
5. Red chilli powder-1 tsp
6. Cumin seed powder-1 tsp
7. Chat Masala- 1 tsp
8. Lemon juice- 1 tsp
9. Salt- As required
10. Sev/omam podi- 2 tbsp(optional)
11. Coriander leaves- 10 to 15
1. Soak the cow peas in water for 5-6 hours or overnight and boil.
2. Take boiled cow peas in a bowl and add chopped onions, grated carrot, chopped cucumber, coriander leaves and mix well.
3. Add red chilli powder, cumin seed powder, chat masala and salt.
4. Squeeze half a lemon and mix well.
5. Garnish with coriander leaves and sev and serve.
Add puffed rice for a crunchy salad.
Published by Swetha Ponnambalam
A biomedical engineer with a passion to cook,experiment and create simpler recipes.
This blog features collection of all my successful culinary trials
View all posts by Swetha Ponnambalam