Have guests coming over and wondering what to make for dessert? Caramel pudding/ flan is one of the easiest and delicious desserts that can be made with minimal ingredients that are available at your home.The recipe is adapted from sharmispassions and i must say its a no fail recipe which sure will satisfy your sweet tooth. Nothing can beat the happiness you get when you achieve perfection at your very first attempt.
Dish: Caramel pudding/Flan
Time : 2- 2 1/2 hrs
Required Ingredients:For caramel
- Sugar- 15 gms
- Water- 3 to 4 tbsp
For the pudding:
- Boiled milk- 350 ml
- Sugar- 40 gms
- Vanilla essence- 1 tsp
- For making the caramel: Add sugar to a tawa on low flame and leave it undisturbed
- Once the sugar melts down completely and turns slightly brown add water and give a stir.
- It will start bubbling up. Once it turns golden brown switch off the flame and transfer it to a round cake tin or ramekins so that it spreads evenly and fills the base. Fill a large baking pan with water (up to 1 inch)and place the ramekins/cake tin on it.
- For the pudding: Beat the eggs until fluffy and add sugar and whisk until the sugar dissolves completely and becomes fluffy
- Slowly add milk and vanilla and stir in to the mixture.
- Transfer the pudding mixture to the cake tin/ramekin coated with caramel.
- In case of an oven bake at 190°C /375°F for 35-50 minutes.
- In case of pressure cooker cook on high flame for 35 minutes and then on low flame for 15-20 minutes.
- Once the pudding is cooked, let it cool for a while and then refrigerate for 1 hour and serve.
- Do not let the sugar turn dark brown as it will give a bitter taste to the pudding The amount of sugar entirely depends on your taste and liking.
- Pour the caramel into the ramekins/cake tin immediately else it would solidify and stick to the utensil/pan.