Moong Dal Halwa
I went through many recipes from the net and finally zeroed in sanjeev kapoor’s recipe. I did make my own modifications as i did not have few ingredients like besan, saffron and khoya. The recipe i’am sharing here is simple and made using minimal ingredients. Lets get to the making of this yummy halwa with no further delay.
Preparation Time: 3 to 4 hours
Cooking Time: 45-50 Minutes
- Moong dal- 1 cup
- Sugar- 1/2 cup
- Condensed milk- 2 tbsp
- Milk- 1 1/2 cup
- Green Cardamom- 3
- Cashew nuts- 10 to 15
- Almonds- 10
- Ghee- 1/4 cup
- Soak moong dal in water for 3 to 4 hours.
- Drain the water and grind it coarsely in a mixie.
- Heat 2 tbsp of ghee in a tawa and fry cashew nuts and almonds until golden brown and set aside
- Now add the moong dal paste in the ghee and fry until golden brown for about 20-25 minutes
- Add milk and saute well.
- Once the milk gets drained add sugar and keep sauteing.
- Add condensed milk, green cardamoms and mix well.
- Once it gets to halwa consistency, ( it will come off the tawa easily without sticking)add the fried nuts and 3 tbsp of ghee and serve hot.