Healthy yet yummy cucumber peanut salad
So, i have been gorging on too much sweets off late and have had too many cheat days a week. I decided i eat healthy before i repeat the same process ( Lol :P). I had some left over cucumbers and was in a mood to make salad. I also wanted to try something different from the usual cucumber salad with salt and pepper.I remembered bookmarking a recipe from vegrecipesofindia and proceeded to try the same.
You can pair this salad with cucumber-mint smoothie for a complete healthy meal.
Time: 10 to 15 minutes
- Cucumber- 2
- Peanuts-1/2 cup
- Grated coconut-1/4 cup
- Curry leaves-10
- Coriander leaves/Cilantro-10 to 15
- Mustard seeds- 1 tsp
- Lemon Juice-1 to 2 tsp
- Salt- As required
- Sugar-1/2 tsp
- Green chilli-1
- White/Black pepper powder-1 tsp
- Chat masala(optional)-1 tsp
- Oil-1 tsp
- Peel and slice the cucumbers into small cubes.
- Roast the peanuts in a dry tawa and powder them coarsely in a mixie
- Chop cilantro/Coriander leaves and green chilli
- Heat a tawa with oil and add mustard seeds and curry leaves.
- Fry until it pops and turn the stove off.
- In a bowl add sliced cucumber cubes, green chilli,coarsely powdered peanuts, coriander leaves, grated coconut, lemon juice and mix well.
- Add fried mustard seeds & curry leaves to it and add salt, sugar , pepper powder and mix well
- Garnish with chat masala or serve as it is.