Cucumber- Mint Smoothie to beat the heat
Chennai is getting hotter day by day. Its mid July already yet the rain god doesn’t seem to have any mercy on us. Its important you stay hydrated to ward off excess heat from your body. Including fresh fruits and vegetables in your diet not only keeps you healthy but also helps keep your body cool.
Cucumbers are known for their high water content and are naturally low in fat, cholesterol and sodium. Adding cucumber to your diet is a great way of increasing your water consumption. Mint/Pudhina is loaded with antioxidants and nutrients that can work wonders for your stomach. The menthol present in Mint aids in digestion and helps in cleansing your stomach. Cucumber and Mint are often used together for detoxification.
- Cucumber – 2
- Butter milk- 2 cups
- Water-1/2 cup
- Salt-As required
- Mint leaves/Pudhina- 15 to 20
- Lemon juice- 1 tsp
- Ginger- 3 small pieces
- Chat masala(optional)-1 tsp
- White pepper powder(optional)- 1/2 tsp
- Peel and slice the cucumbers.
- Wash the mint leaves and chop them.
- In a blender/juicer or a mixie, add sliced cucumbers,mint leaves,ginger, water, buttermilk lemon juice, salt and blend together.
- Pour it into a glass and add pepper powder and stir.
- Top it with a mint leaf and sprinkle chat masala.
- Serve it chilled or as it is.
- Go by your instinct if you are using more than 2 cucumbers.
- You can use curd instead of buttermilk.
|Cucumber-mint buttermilk smoothie|