Easy to make Pineapple sponge cake in Pressure Cooker
Yet to buy an oven? Don’t worry! Do you see that pressure cooker lying around the corner of your kitchen? Well, get set to bake your own cake without an oven. This is a fail proof recipe and also the very first cake i ever baked. People at my house loved it so much that they compared it to tea cakes you get in bakeries.
- Maida/All purpose flour-1 cup (200 gms)
- Butter-50 gms
- Milk-1 cup
- Powdered Sugar-200gms
- Baking powder-1 tbsp
- Salt-1/8 tsp
- Condensed milk -1tbsp
1. Sieve all purpose flour/maida, salt and set aside.
2. Add 50 gm butter to milk in a pan and heat it on low flame .Keep stirring till the butter melts down completely.
3. Whisk the eggs nicely for 5-10 minutes till it foams.
4. Add powdered sugar to the eggs and whisk for 5-7 minutes.
5. Now add the flour to the egg mixture slowly such that no lumps are formed.
6. Add condensed milk and baking powder to the batter.
7. Grease the cake pan/tray with butter and pour the batter into it.
8. Fill a pressure cooker with two cups of water and place a vessel filled with water into it .
9. Place the cake pan on it (Note: Use a plate to hold the pan in position if needed)
10. Cook the cake on low flame for 30-40 mins. Check in between by inserting a toothpick/knife to see whether its cooked.
11. Once the tooth pick comes out clean your cake is ready.
- Always wait for the cake to cool down and then invert it onto a plate.
- Step 3 & 4 attribute to the spongy texture of the cake. So whisk the eggs and sugar well.
- You can cook the cake on high flame for 15 minutes and then simmer it for 10-15 minutes.
- When it comes to baking cakes in pressure cooker, a layer of sand/salt is used. I use water to bake my cakes. You can use sand/salt.
- You can use any essence (vanilla,lime) or use mashed pineapples as well.