Egg-Less Chocolate biscuit cake using pressure cooker
A cake every beginner must try. Flour, eggs and other raising agents are already incorporated into the making of the biscuits making this biscuit cake a no fail recipe.I have always wanted to bake cakes and before convincing my father to buy me an oven, i wanted to put my baking skills to test. I stumbled across a biscuit cake recipe while surfing the net. Since i was new to baking i wasn’t sure of the results. Surprisingly, the cake turned out so good that no one could make out it was made from biscuits unless told. The richness of chocolate chips in the biscuits with chopped nuts gives the cake a brownie-like taste.
This recipe is very close to my heart as it is the very first cake i ever baked. And yeah it definitely is a keeper☺
Hide and seek biscuits-30
Baking powder-1/2 tsp
Butter-to grease the pan
Almonds -10 to 15
Cashew nuts-10 to 15
1. Powder the hide and seek biscuits in mixie and transfer it to a bowl
2. Powder almond and cashews and keep it aside.
3. Add milk to the powdered biscuits slowly and mix it in a way that no lumps are formed.
4. Add condensed milk, powdered nuts to the above batter and mix well.
5. Finally add baking powder to the cake batter and mix well.
6. Fill the pressure cooker with two cups of water and keep an aluminium vessel filled with water inside the cooker.
7. Grease the cake pan/any suitable vessel with butter and pour the cake batter into it and place it over the vessel which was placed in the previous step. (Note: place a plate over the water-filled vessel to hold the cake pan)
8. Place the lid over the cooker(do not use whistle/regulator) and cook the cake on high flame for 15 minutes.
9. Check the cake with a tooth pick/knife to see if its cooked and then cook the cake on low flame for 15 minutes.
10. Once the cake is cooked , transfer it to a plate by inverting the cake pan/vessel.
|Chocolate biscuit cake in pressure cooker|
- You can make this using any biscuits.
|Chocolate biscuit cake|